Date of last update: October 16, 2021
Collection of personal data
This section sets out what personal data we collect about you and how we do it.
Data you provide
You can use most of our Services without directly communicating data about yourself, but you may choose to provide personal data through the Services.
In particular :
- If you decide to register an account with us, we will collect your name and email address.
- In the event of participation in contests, promotions or market research that we sponsor, we will collect data such as your postal address, your telephone number, or data on your areas of interest.
- If you decide to post content or communicate with us or other interlocutors on a public platform or user support, we will collect the data you provide in those posts.
Data collected automatically
When you access our Online Services, for example if you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we automatically collect data about your use of the Services, such as the time of your visit and the pages or content viewed. We also receive and collect technical data about your device and software, including device type, operating system and version, mobile network data, IP address (a unique number that identifies a device on the Internet), the mobile device's advertising identifier (a resettable identifier assigned to your mobile device by your operating system provider, such as Apple or Google) or any other device identifier, the page viewed before visiting our website, as well as incident data.
The Services may give you the option of sharing on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. If you do this type of sharing, the social media platform's privacy practices are to control who accesses your data and how it is handled by the social media platform. Please consult the privacy policies of the social media platform with which you share data to learn about their personal data processing practices.
Please note that data that cannot be associated with you (such as aggregated data) is not considered personal data for the purposes of this Policy.
Use of data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Allow you to use public platforms or other interactive features of the Services.
- Respond to customer service requests.
- Target the advertisements that are offered to you on and off our Services.
- Analyze user traffic and activities on our Services, identify popular areas or features, while optimizing and personalizing the Services.
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, as well as develop new content and new features.
- To protect the rights and property of BBLACK and other entities, including for the purposes of detecting, investigating and preventing fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements.
We keep the personal data we collect for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected. For example, if you register an account with us, as a rule, we will retain your account data for as long as necessary to manage your account.
We may also retain personal data in the event of a legal obligation.
Communication of your personal data
We will not share your personal data with any third party, unless you give your consent for us to do so, subject to the exceptions mentioned below:
- To service providers who provide services to us under contract and who are required to maintain the confidentiality of personal data
- If reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or mandatory procedure (for example, to respond to a subpoena)
- If we believe that your actions are contrary to our agreements or policies on use, or to protect the rights, property or safety of BBLACK or other entities
- In the context of a merger, the sale of the assets of the company, the financing or the acquisition of all or part of our company, provided that the receiving party undertakes to protect the personal data in accordance with the commitments of this policy and the relevant law
- With companies within the Viacom group
We and our service providers transfer your personal data, store it or access it, to other countries whose laws do not necessarily guarantee levels of protection of your personal data equivalent to the protection provided by the European Union legislation. In this case, we will ensure an appropriate level of protection for your personal data by imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of the data (you can obtain a copy of the clauses by contacting us (at the contact details indicated below in the section We -contact).
Legal basis for processing
We will collect, store or process your personal data only in the following situations:
- If you have given us your consent for this. For example, if you agree to receive promotional emails. However, you can withdraw your consent at any time, as described below or directly through the Services.
- We need to use your personal data to fulfill our obligations under the contract with you (for example, to provide the products or services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to communicate with you about our Services and to provide, secure and improve our Services.
We are required by law to process the data.
Your rights and your choices
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you and to ask us to correct it, erase it or, in some cases, transfer it to another provider. You can also exercise your right to withdraw your consent to the processing, to oppose it or to request its limitation or restriction, as described below.
Access and deletion requests
You can also update, correct or delete the data concerning you or close your account by contacting us at the address DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com indicating in the subject "Right to confidentiality" (or at the contact details indicated below at "Contact us" section). If we need to identify you, we will ask you to provide us with proof of your identity or additional information necessary to process your request.
Mobile push notifications
If you give your consent, we will send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can turn off these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Cookies and similar technologies
Questions and complaints
Data Protection Officer
5 Rue Beudant, 75017 Paris